Project acronym: DESTIN
Period of realization: 15 November 2018 – 14 November 2021
EU funding instrument: European Neighbourhood Instrument (Erasmus+: КА2 CBHE)
Budget: about 798 470 Euro
Contractor: Bath Spa University (United Kingdom)
Coordinator and General Manager:
Prof. Paul Hyland, Head of European and Postgraduate Taught Development
tel: +44 (0) 1225 875 564
Responsible person from UzhNU:
Halyna Shapovalova, Associate Professor at Journalism Department, Faculty of Philology
тел: +380501625285 (Mobile)
- to carry out an audit of existing bachelor and master programs in journalism (20 programs in 10 OWS of Ukraine) to identify disadvantages and formulate action plans to eliminate them
- organization trainings for teams concerning educational programs (OPs) on the subject of harmonization of qualifications frameworks and European standards and recommendations
- studying the experience of European journalism programs (2 practical visits) for further use as a base for reforming their own programs
- organization trainings on expert evaluation of educational programs on European accreditation technologies
- expert evaluation of new / upgraded programs through expert visits to each IDA partner
- one-year implementation of the programs and assessment of the quality of training organization within the project implementation period
- development of national standards
- (recommendations) for bachelor and master's programs in journalism
- creation and implementation of online media literacy courses for target groups
- to ensure the maximum involvement of social partners in project objectives.
- implementation of measures to ensure the sustainability of project results.
- Qualitative changes in development of journalism education in Ukraine through audit, assessment, review of existing and delivering of new or revised curricula for 9 BA and 11 MA Journalism programmes in 10 Ukrainian universities with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) and European standards of integrity and professionalism.
- Development of National Guideline Statements for BA and MA journalism education in Ukraine.
- Creation of interaction and cooperation network between universities, national employers and students self-government in the field of journalism education in Ukraine.
- Creation of interaction and cooperation network between Ukraine and EU universities and professional organizations in the field of journalism education.
- Development of Media-Literacy Online Courses for non-professionals target groups in the field of journalism, media and communications.
- Creation and launching of specialized website for further dissemination and exploitation of DESTIN project results.
Bath Spa University (Grant holder)
World University Service
European Journalism Training Association
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (Project coordinator in Ukraine)
- Bohdan Khmelnytsky National University of Cherkasy
- Academician Stepan Demianchuk International University of Economics and Humanities
- Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
- Mariupol State University
- Sumy State University
- Ukrainian Catholic University
- Uzhhorod National University
- Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University
- Zaporizhzhia National University
- NGO «Ukrainian Association of Students»
- PO «Hromadkse Radio»
- Ministry of Education and Science